Thursday 1 October 2009

We're still poorly........

Another day with a poorly girl around, although she is much better and I think with another good nights sleep she'll be fine to go to school tomorrow. So we've both been mooching around the house. I haven't been able to concentrate much but I have started to do a few things and its been quite fun doing a bit of this and a bit of that!
I've been thinking about a few handmade Christmas gifts, such as lavender bags, so i started to experiment with a few design ideas. lily of the valley have always been my favourite!

Hands for the Izannah walker type doll, gesso'ed and ready to paint and the first layer of paper clay, currently drying and hopefully I will have a bit of time to start the sculpting proper!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Hi Susie, hope DD feels better soon. What is the paper clay you refered to in this post? Is it like a paper mache?

When I was working at the pupet theatre the chap who made all the figures used gesso for their faces, but I've not hear of pape clay.
janey

Unknown said...

I hope your little one gets better quickly , take care .