Sunday 8 August 2010

Vintage?


I'm a child of the 70's and in those days I used to make many of my own patch clothes from scrap packs that you could buy from Laura Ashley, well it was OK then! Also at this time I started making a patchwork quilt, which has been stowed away for many moons. I found it hidden away in a box of bits with what's left of the fabric . So if I finish it now, which I intend to, is it still vintage? It's certainly been a long time in the making....35 years or so? It does occur to me that many of the fabrics aren't available anymore.....off to stitch!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Even more vintage now - how nice that you've found it again after all those years. Lovely colours.

Tanya-Yanata said...

Hi, Susie!
It's vintage. As I've noticed hexies are very popular shapes right now.Nice quilt! Looks like it take lots of time to put these pieces together.
And thank you for visiting my blog-nice to meet you:)

Beedeebabee said...

Gosh that's a beauty! So nice that you're going to finish it up...What a treasure! ;) Paulette