Saturday 10 July 2010

My, it has been a very long week! Last weekend I ran (yes ran!) the 5k Race for Life. I was very pleased with myself as running is definately not my thing. But, it was very important for me to do this this year in memory of my dear friend who was the same age as I am now when she passed away. I'm still collecting sponsorship money for cancer research and that is better than I had hoped for too. My legs are still a little stiff a week later though!



I have been taking advantage of the lighter evenings and getting on with some sewing at long last. I finished the old battered up baby pram and it looks all fresh and new now,
Whilst the camera was out Barnaby decided he wanted a serious picture taken, his handsome self!
And why give up when you are on a roll....I've wanted to stitch this design for ages, finally did it and now I have all sorts of ideas of incorporating it into a wall hanging for my studio............


4 comments:

Jane said...

The pram looks lovely, and Barnaby has posed beautifully for his photo.

Looking forward to seeing photos of your studio.
jane

Dolls from the Attic said...

Beautiful pram Susie...and Barnaby is a "Natural"
I am curious the baby in the buggy looks almost like a K*R Kaiser Baby, the expression on the face reminds me of it..Just beautaiful
Marta

Unknown said...

Hi Marta, yes, he is a reproduction Kaiser baby that I made some time ago. I love the Kaisers, maybe because they are not pretty?
Sue

BumbleVee said...

What a lovely soft face Barnaby has!

Thanks for stopping by my blog....