Sunday 2 May 2010

Over a month!!

It's been well over a month since I last posted! how did that happen?

Life has generally been on a roller coaster just lately, haven't had time to draw breath!

The good news is that although there has been very little crafty stuff going on, I have got my hardstanding done ready for the shed to arrive in the next week or two. That will mean that my new work room can become fully functional!

I have finally taken the plunge and bought a new car which I should be picking up in a week or two as well so the constant worry about arriving anywhere in one piece will be sorted out. And, I have been planning for my exhibition stand at Ellie's doll workshop fun day at the end of May, It should be a really fun day, and I've just about got a beginners class all sorted and prepared for to start in June.



These are the two project dolls for complete beginners to antique doll reproduction. I am looking forward to doing that class as i have some very interested people willing to learn.


And as yesterday was May Day, we traditionally went to the Downton cuckoo Fair, great fun as usual but very crowded, where did all those people come from?



The Salisbury giant lending a hand to the Sarum Morris Men



And the usual entertainment......very good dancing in the streets!







3 comments:

Dolls from the Attic said...

Hi Susie, I would love to see the finish product of your reproduction on the "By Lo" baby and the Character Doll...Is that a Heubach? I love your googlie by the way.
You have a very informative and beautiful blog.
Bisous
Marta

Unknown said...

Hi Marta, hopefully will have pictures to show when the class is underway. It's a 'Dream baby' and the K*R114.

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow! and your beginner students can make these incredible dolls!? so you are a very good teacher!! Hugs!