Thursday 21 February 2008

Knitting bears

As it is half term there is very little doll work going on right now. I don't seam to have 5 minutes to myself. Yesterday we made the obligatory shopping trip to Southampton (I do hate shopping in these shopping centres) but my daughter loves it and she had money burning a hole in her pocket! she was very pleased with the new outfits she bought and some at my expense! but I did buy myself a knitted bear kit in John Lewis. I don't usually buy kits but this one looked so sweet and I haven't done any knitting in a while. I sat quietly last night and knitted in front of the telly and i enjoyed myself. Only managed half the head and one ear so a long way to go, but he will be lovely when he's finished.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Hi Sue,
It's so good to be in contact with you again. It's been a long time. I love your porcelain dolls. Your costuming is beautiful. Your bears are cuties.
I haven't made a porcelain doll in several years. I still have some in bisque stage. I should say lots of them in bisque stage.
Brittany still has the little porcelain doll you sent her. She designs her own cloth dolls. She was featured in Doll Crafter & Costuming magaine with Sherry Goshon. She was a proud little girl. She's not so little anymore she is 15 years old.
Love & Hugs
Fran

Jane said...

What an interesting blog, lovely dolls. Checked it out after you left a comment on my post in the craft forum. I'll be back ...