Friday 28 January 2011

New projects.....

Oh My! whare have the last two weeks gone? I don't seem to have stopped and still struggling to see my achievements!! Actually I have pretty well manged to sort my workroom out. The sad fact is that I simply have TOO MUCH STUFF! but I do have a list of projects to work through and all the necessaries ready to go.
Greenware poured and soft fired

The first one is something that has been on the back burner since the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II. I bought this mould many moons ago and she is a lovely doll to make in the beginners classes, so she will be my next project class but first I do have to make a better sample than the one I made so long ago as she is on the wrong body which does alter the feel of the doll.So watch this space to see my newly created Schoenau & Hoffmeister Princess Elizabeth character doll based on the Queen when she was supposedly about 3 1/2 years old
The Antique doll

Based on this picture of the Princess Elizabeth as she was then


My reproduction version made many years ago.

And as I was cleaning the car today...yes, I did clean the car!! I noticed the very first sign of Spring here in the South even though the temperature today has hardly risen above freezing in a very bitter North Easterly wind. At least it is dry and the sun has been out.
Keep well everyone and keep making.

No comments: