Friday 24 September 2010

Autumn has arrived....

It has been a very dull, grey day here today, went for a lovely walk with the dogs but it was cold.....usually I love the Autumn, and we have had some lovely Indian Summers in recent years but somehow I have a pessimistic feeling that it will be Winter before we know it!

Anyway, it is Autumn and I wanted to to do this beautiful quilt offered by Kaaren at The painted Quilt. I've never made a 'proper' quilt before! I chose to do it in Autumnal colours and I managed to do block no.1 I'm two blocks behind already.

My first ever go at pinwheels!


At least I have the stitchery ready for the next block,

I don't have a fancy sewing machine. This is my trusty 100 year old which once belonged to my grandmother and then my aunt, it has been a reliable workhorse for many years and is still going strong. I love it! and choose to use it more often than my electric one which needs a service again and which has never been as reliable.

Have a great weekend.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie your block looks fabulous - love the fabric you chose. I have that same machine - I have never tried to use it but it seems to work, I think it is amazing that you can sew with it - I cannot get in the grove of turning the handle and holding the fabric, too much for me I guess - great stitching!!

Sandy said...

Hi Susie-
You've WON my Pattern give away on my blog . . . Congratulations!
I've sent you a message... please let me know if you haven't rcv'd it! Hugs & Gratz!
~S~

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Susie:
Your quilt is looking beautiful! I've joined your followers so that I can keep track of your progress.

Thanks so much for visiting Brynwood and leaving a comment. Good luck in the drawings!

I was born in the UK (Kingston-upon-Thames). I'll enjoy reading about your life in Cornwall.

xoxo
Donna

Jillayne said...

Your quilt looks so cute - you are doing a fabulous job! I love your trusty old work horse - that's what I call mine; it's a twenty year old plain jane Bernina that sews like a dream. I have a featherweight too but haven't yet sorted out a place of honour for it where I can sit and sew on it as well - soon, I hope!