Saturday 20 February 2010

A day out.......

As a compromise to my daughter I agreed to take her to Brighton for the day to meet with her friend. It's a long story and not one to bother you with here! so I was left to entertain myself for a few hours, and had a great time wandering around Brighton Pavilion, updating myself on the history of George IV, notorious for his lavish lifestyle but also for his interest in art and architecture.



I hadn't appreciated the amazing decor of the place, mostly the English view of Chinese art, and the most amazing chandelier in the Dining room.

And what did I buy in the gift shop? not the book I intended with a more accurate history of the Pavilion or pictures (photography was not allowed)but a book on Dragonology! A beautiful book, and one I will treasure, still a self indulgent day and a worthwhile visit.

No comments: