Thursday 29 March 2012

It's been a while..........Sorry!

I have been very remiss in keeping up to date, but I have had some bad news to deal with too. In February I was diagnosed with the disease chronic lymphocytic leaukaemia, so as you can imagine I have been bouncing off the walls for a bit trying to get my head around it all. Glad to say I am feeling a lot calmer and beginning to come to terms with having something for which there is no cure and has to get a whole lot worse before there is any treatment to put it into remission. So........ focus on creating, sewing and enjoying my favourite things.......

And my latest thing is trying to recreate the Lenci type pressed felt dolls, this is my first attempt, the next one is looking better, I'll post pictures when I'm done.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie, I am so very sorry to hear this! Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Its good to have a positive attitude. This doll is really a pretty one. The felt is well done. Thanks for sharing and please take care. Hugs Loretta

Susie McMahon said...

Susie to Susie - Sorry to hear of your diagnosis - it's not easy suddenly being lumbered with such a huge cross to bear.
If it's any help to you, I know from my own experience that things get easier as you learn to cope. I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease in 2003 (another incurable nasty) After the initial shock and learning to cope with different anatomy after very radical surgery I have learned to focus on what I can do, rather than feel sorry for myself about the things I can't do any more. The felt doll is lovely - you will find that being able to make things will really focus your mind elsewhere.
All good things, Susie! Stay positive.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Susie,

So sorry to hear of your bad news, and I am just wanting to say, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Creating and sewing is the best thing you can do and making your beautiful dolls.
Your felt doll is so beautiful, she has the sweetest face and love her outfit.

Sending hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

Hi Susie,

I'm also very sorry to hear the bad news. We are never prepared for things like this. I am so glad that you are thinking positive and not giving up. You can get through this with faith and determination. I absolutely adore your doll. She is gorgeous. Her face is really beautiful. I admire your talent. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to more of your dolls.
Have an awesome day

Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Unknown said...

OMG she is absolutely darling and a very good likeness!!!! Way to go Susie!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Unknown said...

Oh Goodness Susie, I am a picture 'looker atter', when i read Susies post, i had to go read all of your post , I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis!! I agree, Positive thinking all the way!!!!!!!! i dont know much about this type of cancer but i am sure hoping for a clean bill of health!!!!
Many Many Hugs,
Jackie