Monday 22 November 2010

Feeling sorry for myself.......

It's been a miserable week full of sore throat, head cold and now I'm wheezing as if I was smoking 50 a day! I don't smoke but this cold, the first I've had in a long time has taken its toll....ah! poor me!







But I have been quite busy I have a new back door and a new kitchen window. the door might not be as pretty as the old one but it makes a difference to the temperatures....no draughts! and the kitchen window lets in a lot of light on a dingy side of the house so apart from the effort needed to move all the stuff around so that the builder could get on with the job, it was a job worth doing.






















And I spent a bit of time making these for my two American friends living here in the UK, I know they miss family at Thanksgiving so this was just a little bit of something from me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Susie - what wonderful gifts for your friends I am sure they appreciated that. I am so sorry you are feeling ill, hopefully you will be on the up and up soon. Your new door and window look fabulous, I bet it does make a huge difference.

Jane said...

Poor you, think we've all been suffering with coughs and colds in this first cold snap. Glad the building work was done, shame about the old door, but as you say better to have no drafts.
jane

Unknown said...

Aww..Susie so sorry you got sick. It really is not fun at all. I sure hope you get better quick. I would run to the doctor and get an anti-biotic. I just love the hearts. How adorable. And the window and door are great too. Anything new is always great. Thanks for sharing and please get well soon.
xo
Janet Bernasconi
Janet's Creative Pillows

Unknown said...

Thankyou everyone, glad to say i am feeling so much better, just need to find a bit of energy now!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Susie,
Oh so sorry you have been sick. I hope you are better soon.
Great new window and I bet you are going to really enjoy it.
Love your American hearts for Thanksgiving. What a kind and thoughtful gift for your American friends in the UK. Tell them Happy Thanksgiving from me in Texas.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments and giveaway entry. Good Luck.
Hugs, Celestina Marie